Home improvements can be trying on your and your family. Here are a few simple steps to ease some of the tension.
1. Gather a scrapbook – It should consist of notes, photos, and articles that you have collected that reflect your need and the style you are looking for.
2. Get together with your family and ask them for their input and wish lists.
3. Come up with a budget you can live with.
4. Draw a rough sketch of your floor plan and take measurements (or, if building, get floor plan from architect or builder).
5. If you would like, print and fill out the Kitchen Planning Guide which can be found . http://www.classickitchendesigns.com/Kitchens/planning_guide.htm
Now you will need to find a showroom where they can help bring your needs and wants to life.
The first time you visit a showroom:
1. The well trained associates will be able to answer any questions you may have.
2. Review and/or assist you in establishing a budget.
3. Discuss your scrapbook of ideas – include all the important elements within your budget
4. Discuss your floor plan and go over some design ideas.
5. Discuss your plans for utilizing the room you will be remodeling.
Once you have have decided on your contractor design company:
1. They come to your home and take measurements.
2. Review and make suggestions in your home that will best suite your space and your personal needs
The second time you visit the showroom:
1. Your design team will have created a design, and drafted perspectives, elevations, and a floor plan.
2. When you have decided that everything is perfect, you will provided you with a price. The next meeting is for you to discuss the design and any potential modifications you would like to make.
The Installation Process:
1. If necessary, your design team will make arrangements with your builder, architect, and/or designer to coordinate the installation.
2. If you prefer, they will remove your existing cabinetry and appliances.
3. To ensure a quality installation, your design team will meet the installer at your home to discuss the details of your plan and installation.
For more helpful tips, and to find a Kitchen Renovation expert, call or visit Classic Kitchen Designs at 905.279.6194 or www.classickitchendesigns.com. Classic Kitchen Designs has been providing afforable kitchens for homeowners since 1979.